Coaching is different from psychotherapy, though it can be used in conjunction with therapy. It focuses on helping clients to thrive in the present and future, and on creating a vision and action plan towards living life to its fullest capacity. Here are five ways in which a positive relationship with a life coach can help you bring about the “new you”.
1. Finding Your Calling: The alliance you form with me as your coach can help you discover what is beyond the expectations and goals of others. I as your coach will not offer authoritative prescriptions. Instead, I will empower you to come up with your own answers, dreams, and plans to achieve them. I assumes that only you are authorized to decide how to go about your own life. What are the things that light you up? What makes you tick? Years from today, what will you regret if you don't take action now? Once you identify how you derive meaning in your life, you can focus on the direction of your calling.
2. Gaining Clarity: Coaching helps separate the emotional wheat from the chaff. In daily life, thoughts are cluttered with to-do lists, and our minds are overwhelmed with a mess of small, endless emotional incidents. Under these conditions, trying to reflect on your aspirations is like trying to produce a fine piece of art on a desk cluttered with random paperwork. Scheduling coaching sessions allows you to set aside the time you need to (figuratively) sit at an empty desk and draw your big picture on a clean slate. When you dedicate time to charting your needs and wants, particularly with my guidance, you can see beyond the clutter of life and gain true perspective on the life you want for yourself.
3. Looking at Your Entire Self: I can help you take a step back and look at your entire self, not just the parts of you that immediately demand your attention. A person is a complex mesh of intertwined life-domains — your career, finances, health, family, romantic and social life, etc. — and personal growth is never about a single slice of life. When things go well in one part of your life, this positivity spreads to other areas. For example, a fun job and money in the bank frees your mind and energy to spend more time with your family and be a caring romantic partner. You then show up happy at the office, and as a result your career advances even further. Studies demonstrate that the holistic approach used by coaches will enable you to experience a more balanced life, and improved wellbeing.
4. Leaving Your Comfort Zone: As your coach, I can help you constantly stretch yourself and emerge out of your comfort zone, so you break a mental sweat each day and go to bed full of pride every night. Positive psychologists agree that calculated risk-taking, along with an ample amount of challenge, are essential ingredients in an amazing life. Taking daily actions towards your dreams means spending some time outside the boundaries of your current skills, social group, or familiar environment. Ican help you acclimatize to unfamiliar territory by asking you to specify goals for which you wish to be held accountable, and then gently pushing you to kick it up a notch and take some additional risks. And you know what they say: “Big risk, big reward.” 5. Fueling UpWorking outside your comfort zone is rewarding, but can also be draining. When you take action to transform your life and embark on new challenges, your coach helps you monitor your level of energy and allocate the time and attention you need to keep your engines going. Your levels of energy and vitality are not only a function of your sleep and physical health. They also depend on the reserve of emotional energy you have in your tank. “Energy drainers,” such as toxic relationships and worrisome thoughts, burn up a lot of fuel, while “energy gainers” like supportive conversations, meditation, and walks in nature, will replenish your fuel and turbo-charge your engine. A coach can help you to pursue your dreams by identifying what is draggin your down and what you should keep in your life, and then creating a life where you are never far from the next filling station.
The Takeaway In the coming year: many more of us will find ourselves facing the complex challenges of finding happiness and fulfillment in the maze of modern life. It may be that life is going fine, as planned, and on the surface nothing seems wrong, but we find ourselves carrying a nagging feeling that there’s a gap between where we are and where we could potentially be. Life coaching can help you examine all domains of your life, and go beyond the daily muddle of errands and thoughts to pursue your dreams with all of your might.
I am NOT the coach for you if...
1. You want to sit back and have ME do all the work! 2. You are not committed to grow in your life or business! 3. You are lazy. 4. You are NOT TEACHABLE...meaning, you will not allow another to guide you, teach you, instruct you, or make you accountable! 5. You are an excuse junkie! 6. You think others should motivate you. 7. You are not motivated... this type of person sucks in my opinion....sorry, but not sorry.
I am the coach for YOU IF...
1. You are SERIOUS about improving your future and you are committed to doing the work. 2. You want to grow in your business and Life. 3. You understand the VALUE of coaching and that everyone who IS SOMEONE has a coach. Even OPRAH has a coach...actually, she has several coaches! AND you are willing to invest your time and money into making your life better. 4. You are TEACHABLE! 5. You do not live on excuses! You understand that excuses are underlying reasons that signal your unwillingness to grow. 6. You are internally MOTIVATED! 7. You take full responsibility for your EXPERIENCE! Meaning, you know you are the one who makes our working together a good experience. I plan to give 200%! Its YOU that must do the WORK! Nothing comes for FREE or without effort baby!
If you fit ALL of the above (My Ideal Client List) than, YAY!!! LET'S GET STARTED! Join my FREE VIP MEMBERSHIP PENTHOUSE SUITE for a few freebies to get started. Individual and group coaching experiences & opportunities will be posted soon!